This project initially s a project i did to join the 2017 Tetsujin organized by HAG Singapore, n yes, it is one of the 2 consecutive FFK (missing the deadline ) projects i had end of last year n early of this year.
This is also a kit i choose to do again after the first one i made more than 10 years ago. The only comforting thing about this project is, i can compare it against my 10-year-old work, and realize i have indeed made some improvement over the years....
After the pre-1980 released model kit GB, I had decided to make one kit to join in the fun in Tetsujin 2017 Singapore, despite knowing according to my estimation, I have just enough time to get it done, without any buffer time, & with a lot of stuff that i need to forgo. As usual, January's workload is outta my expectation, and i have had about one more week's work when the deadline hits.
About the model:
Basically I have made some proportion modification, as the usual old mecha kit, this kit looks kinda short n bulky. The first thing i did s to extend the waist, and upper arms. I d planned to do something on the feet too, to make them stand taller yet compliment the upper body proportion. Howeverm the feet isn't a straight forward kinda humanoid feet, the folding s designed to tilt n adjust the angle of the knees (the long range weapon), and also to hold n release the stabilizer at the back.
Since i find the original length of the feet actually aint too much conflict with my modified upper body; and time's limited, i d decided to keep the original feet's proportion. Just minor mod on the joints.
Overall, since this is a simple project, not much to talk about except a few little things here n there:
Finally! I gotta use the aftermarket photo etch vent i bought dirt cheap years ago, and honestly, i love the effect.
The base is a total unexpected thing. Initially i was only planing a simple dried land with some rocks n minimal vegetation; in the middle, a friend was trying on making cracked land like in anime. So butt itchy, tried it out myself. However, it was last minute, rush, and lack of planning; in the end, the effect aint exactly what i like, and worse, i forgot almost entirely about the color until i have had set pretty much everything in...
Also please do not mind the main weapon, with 2 types of magazines. Hoho, just plain lazy to mod that....
Anyway, i realize i am really rusty in doing weathering now.. just cant get the feel of control brushes n paint as i used to. Gunpla's coloring process is just very technical n once u have the initial stuff planned out, basically can shut n relax the brain from making judgement during spraying. Weathering just suddenly reminded me that painting process i cannot be a zombie... Hahahahah
Anyway, the photos r below, C & C s utmost welcome!!!
P/S: BIG thank you to the good friends who aided me in this project, especially to Kirin to given me valuable advices on weathering.