Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Marui 1/144 Best Collection - ARMORED WALKER

Oh yes..... U do see it right: It's Marui, and yes, not any battery operated airsoft gun, but a spring powered sci fi kit.

Best is, this looks like some bootleg. Well, since the absence of any Star Wars logo, typeface; I wouldnt call it a bootleg. However, the design of the walker, even the small flying objects in the background of the boxart, u cant deny they look quite close resemblance of AT-ST and snowspeeder.

This is what happen during the 80's in Japan and lets refresh our memories of how Japan rose to a super power by reverse engineer others' stuff.






Overall, this is a very simple kit. As usual it does come with some toy element: a spring powered wind up motor which the walker can actually walk.

For my side, I just add up a little bit of details, especially on areas that look kinda empty to me. I the motor in it though probably i will not play with ti at all after i have had painted it.

Also did a small vignette on a wooden block. Snow terrain. I was trying to do melting snow that is quite icy n wet on the ground. but as usual, i think i have had overdone with the powder snow. Besides that, I realize the way i paint, it is extremely difficult for me to capture interesting colors on photo

Anyway the side panel of the box where advertisement s, I saw another AT AT like walker.... just couldnt find it though....

Below are some photos of the completed work:







No comments:

Post a Comment