Friday, June 21, 2019

Who Killed The Rabbit? - Japan WonderFest Summer 2018 Unknown Sculptor's Work



The real question is: who is the sculptor.

I bought this minits before I was leaving Tokyo Summer Wonderfest 2018. A small display with this rabbit caught my eyes. Not sure who the sculptor is as I remember I just told the person behind the booth I wanted one, paid money n left.

Of course, another thing that made me didnt think twice is the 500yen price.

It has no instruction, no any indication of websites or description on the sculpture n its creator. There s only one small resin cast display signage that s, i supposed, to be painted n displayed together with the rabbit. Unfortunately, the casting isnt the best i have seen, half the words are quite impossible to read. The only information I got is the sculptor should be from Tsukiji Tokyo area.

Ok photo first, talk later , while I m quite doubtful i have much to talk about...





As straight forward as u can see, this is a rabbit resin kit, with a small dagger and part of it intestines still hanging on its tummy area.

Total parts: 5pcs the 2 ears, the dagger, instestine, n the main body.

Can really feel the sculptor did this in a very short time because even the round part I can almost feel how he knit the clay before correcting it n make it perfect.

As usual, I just added a little thing so I have that feel of "personalize" the kit. I dug out the rabbit's right eyes so the visual effect would be more abundance. Just that I was lazy n impatient to sand down that part to make it looks more organic. That's the reason the bloody hole looks a little too hard for an organism; especially a hollow one where the eye ball s gone.

Anyway, this merely took me a few days, mostly r  for sanding n filling up holes only.

Really enjoy the painting process: fast n satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment