Thursday, August 15, 2019

Mandarake + Aoshima CrossOver - Mecha Patchouli

Frankly, I dunno what this is for I have nvr played any 东方project game, this, probably is just a side merchandise of that. Bought this mainly because saw it in Akiba Mandarake , n most importantly its affordable 100yen list price.





Size of an SD kit, single color part, and it comes with a wind up mini motor. Oh yes, this thing can move. XD


Insturction is simple enough to be printed on the inner side of the box. Overall, after snapfit n glad to know there isnt much fitting problem to tackle.

The biggest challenge to me in this project is probably masking for different colors on the same parts.
Feeling ultra lack of confidence in my masking, I m not taking short cuts but to deepen all panel lines for areas that needed to be masked. Weel, can't deny that I have overdone on many though.

For the completed kit photos, actually I find sometimes it s hard for me to present pretty much 100% OOB work, as it is just ... nothing much to show huhu.

Oh yeah, actually I did add a little extra onto the kit. For the rivets on the body, I had changed them with some metal ball of size 0.8mm. The weird eye balls, instead of painting them, I had used some half sphere aftermarket.

Other than that, pretty much OOB , sprayed with metallic colors.





No comments:

Post a Comment