Thursday, August 15, 2019

Sankei x Studio Ghibli: Spirited Away & Totoro Paper Model



This is a series of laser cut paper model by Sankei licensed by Studio Ghibli. The two kits I did here are from My neighbour Totoro and Spirited Away, both are pretty famous animation from Studio Ghibli.


I must say the packaging is really something admirable: Chipboard box, wrapped with uncoated paper with some beautiful printing. The design of the box, actually the cover will serve as the perfect base for the model when u flip it upside down.

However, I am loving the box so much, I use the entire box as a raised up display stand. Coincidentally, the overall height fits just nice in those plastic display box I bought from daisho.

Working on Sankei's paper model is always enjoyable. For the relatively high price, u are guaranteed getting an accurately cut, well engineered, good quality paper model. Building is just easy and smooth. This series require a little bit of painting/coloring, mainly due to the small but with multiple colors characters in it. Just a little bit of water color will do the job fine. (I used water color because i feel it fits the relatively pale color tone of Miyazaki)

So here are the models I did: with proper display, i think they look really nice.





************************************************************************************************************************

Display in ICW:

No comments:

Post a Comment