Monday, August 26, 2019

Hatsune Miku GB: Aoshima 1/32 Diva Project Extend Hino Truck

This is a project joining a Hatsune Miku GB organized by KY & Shermen Lim; basically can build anything with a Miku theme. For me, it is another fun n carefree project that I build something I have had never build for a long long time: a decotora (A decoration Truck in Japan)

Ok Pictures first, talk later:







My initial plan was to just build majority of it as from the box, with added  option parts a little here n there solely for easy to paint.
Basically I have added real metal chain for the canvas , the side indicator lights, and some metal balls as rivets. All those are for cosmetic purposes only.

The main problem I have encountered in this kit is the decal. While it looks really beautiful, as other silk screen decal I had experienced, the decal is a little too rigid n thick. With loads of softer, setter, the decals either refuse to settle in at those places with height difference. They either bounce back or simply crack. So in the end, I have gotta give up the orginal design which the it is fully wrapped by decal but made certain sacrifices.

Besides that, I have had learned a big lesson from working outside of my workshop in the common area.: be extremely careful with small parts because there r many people walking around in the common area in icw. One of my side mirror which consist of 3 small, thin, pieces of plastic, dropped in the floor without anybody noticing n in the end got stepped on n broke into piece beyond repair T.T

Other than that, I must say I am pretty happy with the whole process. Not very good finishing, but I am happy I enjoy every bit of the project. This is exactly what I have been working on since 2 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment